Prelim One Group Nine Results:
1st - 177 votes - Aragaki Ayase @ Oreimo 2nd - 152 votes - Nyaruko @ Haiyore! Nyaruko-san W 3rd - 151 votes - Hanada Kirame @ Saki: Achiga-hen - Episode of Side-A 4th - 127 votes - Kotoura Haruka @ Kotoura-san 5th - 107 votes - Fate Testarossa @ Nanoha: The Movie 2nd A's 6th - 103 votes - Ikeda Kana @ Saki: Achiga-hen - Episode of Side-A 7th - 99 votes - Itsuka Kotori @ Date A Live 8th - 97 votes - Millhiore Firianno Biscotti @ Dog Days' 9th - 84 votes - Nishizumi Maho @ Girls und Panzer 10th - 80 votes - Takanashi Miu @ Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai! 10th - 80 votes - Matsumoto Rise @ Yuru Yuri♪♪ 12th - 68 votes - Hiramatsu Taeko @ Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? of the Dead 12th - 68 votes - Kuro Usagi @ Mondaiji-tachi 14th - 66 votes - Sherlock Shellingford @ Tantei Opera Milky Holmes ========================= 15th - 60 votes - Nijou Izumi @ Saki: Achiga-hen - Episode of Side-A 16th - 55 votes - Yukimura Aoi @ Yama no Susume 17th - 54 votes - Hoshizora Miyuki (Cure Happy) @ Smile Pretty Cure! 17th - 54 votes - Mugino Shizuri @ Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S 19th - 53 votes - Takanashi Touka @ Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! 20th - 49 votes - Izumi Konata @ Miyakawa-ke no Kuufuku 21st - 47 votes - Nana Astar Deviluke @ To-Love-Ru Darkness 22nd - 45 votes - Futami Ami @ The iDOLM@STER series 22nd - 45 votes - Hanaki Yuka @ Natsuiro Kiseki 24th - 40 votes - Jörmungandr @ Zettai Bouei Leviathan 25th - 37 votes - Ikaruga @ Senran Kagura 26th - 34 votes - Rita Ainsworth @ Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo 27th - 32 votes - Assam @ Girls und Panzer 27th - 32 votes - Tokido Saya @ Little Busters! 29th - 31 votes - Koujiro Frau (Furugoori Kona) @ Robotic;Notes 30th - 29 votes - Nishizono Midori @ Little Busters! 31st - 26 votes - Lan (Fin E Ld Si Laffinty) @ Rinne no Lagrange 32nd - 25 votes - Takamura Mihoshi @ Ro-Kyu-Bu! 33rd - 24 votes - Hii-chan @ Namiuchigiwa no Muromi-san 34th - 23 votes - Azuki Miho @ Bakuman. 3 34th - 23 votes - Akimoto Komachi @ Precure All Stars New Stage 2 36th - 22 votes - Sakura Mai @ Photokano 36th - 22 votes - Kurokawa Ellen @ Precure All Stars New Stage 2 38th - 20 votes - shrshr @ gdgd Fairies 39th - 19 votes - Nakajima (Nakajima Satoko) @ Girls und Panzer 39th - 19 votes - Toono Akiha @ Carnival Phantasm Special season
That took a while because of the voting board’s server problems.
Anyway, these are certainly interesting results for this group despite not having the same amount of firepower as the preceding ones:
- Ayase might have definitely gotten a boost because of the recently-concluded second Oreimo series. Although that did not really help Kuroneko nor Kirino. Lots of other extenuating factors might have skewed the results, such as the aforementioned strength of opponents. Nonetheless, Ayase proves herself strong enough to improve on her crappy 2011.
- Nyaruko’s not getting any stronger as portended by the noticeable performance drop by Kurei Tamao in her respective group.
- If Saki showed any signs of dropping off, it is not much. Subara might have won this group in her peak year, though the same can be said of Fate, who finished a disappointing fifth following Nanoha’s inspiring attempt to reach first place in her own group anew.
- Another surprise is Kotoura-san’s showing as the best finishing newcomer in her set. Insert the requisite “weak group” comment here, but yeah, fourth place is a big deal as she was surrounded by battle-tested veterans.
- Kotori’s result is par for the course based on how Tohka did. I don’t know if Maho on ninth place is encouraging for Garupan. We’ll know soon enough.
GROUP TEN PREVIEW
The Achiga group. Expect Kuro and Yuu to style hard on this one. Arata’s getting carried too. For some reason, there are no other Sakis here except the three.
So who will duke it out to finish behind the Matsumi sisters? Out of the new names, the “prominent” ones Saimoe-wise appear to be Joshiraku’s resident redhead Marii, and the aptly-named Kuroki Rei from Vividred. Yes, you’ve read that right. Power imbalance is apparent in this batch.
Love Live mojo should be enough to carry Nozomi to the main draw. Same can be said for Yuru Yuri’s Chitose. Misaka 10032 is a sure shot too. Count in im@s’ Iori as well.
Fighting for the remaining slots are expected to be Maoyuu’s Maou,along with Hayate’s Ayumu, HanaIro’s Minko, OreGaIru’s Hiratsuka-sensei, Gintama’s Kagura, NatsuKise’s Saki, the other Railguns. Maybe even Aikatsu’s Aoi has a faint chance here. Imbalanced group, we might see some unexpected names lucky enough to get a direct pass to the brighter Main Draw lights.