Prelim One Group Five Results:
1st - 166 votes - Kashiwazaki Sena @ Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai Next 2nd - 143 votes - Dekomori Sanae @ Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! 3rd - 141 votes - Shinomiya Himawari @ Vividred Operation 4th - 125 votes - Shirai Kuroko @ Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S 5th - 121 votes - Futaba Aoi @ Vividred Operation 6th - 118 votes - Shiguma Rika @ Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai Next 7th - 99 votes - Hiro @ Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb 7th - 99 votes - Sanzen'in Nagi @ Hayate no Gotoku! series 9th - 89 votes - Takayama Maria @ Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai Next 10th - 79 votes - Ganaha Hibiki @ The iDOLM@STER series 11th - 76 votes - Akechi Mitsuhide @ Oda Nobuna no Yabou 12th - 72 votes - Eguchi Sera @ Saki: Achiga-hen - Episode of Side-A 13th - 69 votes - Sakurano Kurimu @ Seitokai no Ichizon Lv.2 14th - 68 votes - Anrakutei Kukuru @ Joshiraku -------------------------------------------------------------------- 15th - 67 votes - Kusaribe Hakaze @ Zetsuen no Tempest 16th - 55 votes - Cordelia Glauca @ Tantei Opera Milky Holmes Alternative 17th - 54 votes - Nīmi Haruka @ Photokano 18th - 50 votes - Inaba Rinne @ Chousoku Henkei Gyrozetter 19th - 47 votes - Bahamut @ Zettai Bouei Leviathan 20th - 46 votes - Kongou Mitsuko @ Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S 21st - 45 votes - Madoka Aguri (Cure Ace) @ DokiDoki! Pretty Cure 21st - 45 votes - Maeda Inuchiyo @ Oda Nobuna no Yabou 21st - 45 votes - Tokiwa Midori @ Tamako Market 24th - 44 votes - Ricotta Elmar @ Dog Days' 24th - 44 votes - Yoshino @ Minami-ke Tadaima 24th - 44 votes - Natsume Asako @ Tonari no Kaibutsu-ku 27th - 42 votes - Watanabe Saki @ Shinsekai yori 28th - 41 votes - Furutani Kaede @ Yuru Yuri♪♪ 29th - 38 votes - Sasaki Akebi @ Girls und Panzer 30th - 36 votes - Funko (FNC) @ Upotte!! 30th - 36 votes - Harukaze Chiharu @ Hayate no Gotoku! series 32nd - 35 votes - Shichijou Aria @ Seitokai Yakuindomo 33rd - 33 votes - Kuraue Hinata @ Yama no Susume 33rd - 33 votes - Saemonza (Sugiyama Kiyomi) @ Girls und Panzer 35th - 32 votes - Toudou Lilicia @ Seitokai no Ichizon Lv.2 36th - 31 votes - Okano Kei @ Yuyushiki 37th - 30 votes - pkpk @ gdgd Fairies 38th - 28 votes - Mirai @ Senran Kagura 39th - 26 votes - Adéle Balfette @ Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon II 39th - 26 votes - Hibino Hibiki @ Carnival Phantasm Special season 39th - 26 votes - Haruno Hime @ Acchi Kocchi
A good day for Haganai in general, with Sena clinching yet another top spot for her series, with Rika and Maria also qualifying for the main round. So the speculation that Haganai might not do well this year is widely off the mark – in fact they’re doing even better than expected so far.
Chuunibyou continued their fine run with Dekomori claiming second, which pretty much confirms that Chu2koi is one of the stronger series amongst the debutants. Vividred didn’t have the best of starts with Wakaba failing to qualify but their top ace Himawari delivered today by finishing narrowly behind Dekomori. Aoi managed 5th place too, thanks to the complementary votes.
Seems like Railgun will still remain competitive even though they’re not probably strong enough to challenge for the crown, with Kuroko’s 4th place ascertaining that.
However, it’s not meant to be for another veteran series. Hayate continues their massive decline as Nagi only managed 7th spot, having regularly topping her prelim groups. With Hayate’s Saimoe ace performing this badly, it’s a grim outlook for the series who has been a mainstay in Saimoe for the past few years. Their time is coming to an end, with a whimper sadly instead of a bang.
After Toki’s decent victory over Kuroneko, Saki’s sending its second ace out for battle in Group 6. Perennial semi-finalist Nodoka will be hoping to seal top spot, and her fiercest opponents today would probably be Ro-Kyu-Bu’s Tomoka and Yuru Yuri’s Toshinou Kyouko. Both of them have a lot to prove this year, having crashed out in Round 1 last year despite doing very well in the preliminary round by finishing 2nd in their respective preliminary groups. Kyouko will be hoping to exact her revenge after falling to Nodoka’s pal Shizu last time out, but it’ll be interesting to see if Yuru Yuri’s popularity in Saimoe is at the level as it was last year, having aired last Summer. Tomoka should benefit greatly thanks to the series’ current airtime, as we’ve seen from Saki’s performance in Group 1.
The competition for the other qualifying spots is set to be another intense affair. We have:
- Kyoani’s sending in Tamako today, along with her friend Kanna. Midori hasn’t done well in Group 5 but MC power should give a boost to Tamako. We also have Irisu from Hyouka.
- Two contestants from Nobuna have qualified so far, and Hanbei is set to add on to that as she’s the ace of that series. She might actually do pretty well too.
- Kurei from Nyaruko.
- Several other Saki contestants are up today too, with Hajime and Kouko set to tag along with Nodoka
- Touma from Minami-ke. Minami-ke’s still relevant as BOSS proved
- Hanekawa from Monogatari series has current season airtime, so she should be able a spot
- Emeralda didn’t have much appearance in Maou-sama but they’ve done really well so far with Suzu and Emi already in.
- Tenri from Kaminomi will be hoping to seal a main round spot here. Last time she appeared in Saimoe she made it to the second prelims with only 5 seconds of screen-time.
- Morgiana will be hoping to be one of those strong solo contestant for this year, with the series not being appreciated much by voters so far
- Accel World’s record has been dismal, but Hime should get a spot easily. Chiyuri might tag along.
- Dog Days’ Yukikaze, but like Accel World, the series’ record has been far from good.
- Teekyuu’s Yuri and Kanae are also in consideration for the qualifying spots, though this group is much harder than what Nasuno faced.
- Aki from Robotics;Notes, but R;N is no S;G
- Ichizon’s Chizuru might scrape through, but it’ll be difficult for her and signs are not too encouraging with Minatsu and Kurimu barely making it to the main round
- Perhaps Haruno from Oregairu might get a spot, accompanying her younger sis
- If memory serves me right, Taeko ranked second in one of the Garupan popularity polls, let’s see if it holds true here.
Prediction (Top 3): Nodoka, Tomoka, Kyouko
The rest: Hanbei, Kuroyukihime, Index, Hajime, Hanekawa, Tamako, Morgiana, Kurei, Touma, Kouko, Yukikaze