1st - 136 votes - Chitanda Eru @ Hyouka 2nd - 121 votes - Sakai Wakana @ Tari Tari 3rd - 110 votes - Tsuruta Himeko @ Saki: Achiga-hen - Episode of Side-A 4th - 102 votes - Kousaka Kirino @ Oreimo 5th - 91 votes - Harusaki Chiwa @ OreShura 6th - 86 votes - Ayase Chihaya @ Chihayafuru 2 7th - 85 votes - Tsukuyomi Sasami @ Sasami-san@Ganbaranai 8th - 84 votes - Katyusha @ Girls und Panzer 8th - 84 votes - Amami Haruka @ The iDOLM@STER series 10th - 82 votes - Kokaji Sukoya @ Saki: Achiga-hen - Episode of Side-A 11th - 80 votes - Kouzuki Yuniko (Scarlet Rain) @ Accel World 12th - 79 votes - Nakagawa Kanon @ Magical☆Star Kanon 100% 12th - 79 votes - Nasuhara Anastasia @ Oniai 14th - 75 votes - Shijou Takane @ The iDOLM@STER series ================= 15th - 73 votes - Akishino Himeka @ OreShura 16th - 55 votes - Vita @ Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha: The Movie 2nd A's 16th - 55 votes - Atago Hiroe @ Saki:Achiga-hen -Episode of Side-A 18th - 50 votes - Akado Harue @ Saki:Achiga-hen -Episode of Side-A 19th - 48 votes - Amatsuka Megumi @ GJ-bu 20th - 46 votes - Saegusa Wakaba @ Vividred Operation 21st - 45 votes - Sakura Akari @ Jewelpet Movie: Sweets Dance Princes 22nd - 38 votes - Toosaka Rin @ Carnival Phantasm Special season 23th - 37 votes - Gibbard Sakurako @ Saki:Achiga-hen -Episode of Side-A 23th - 37 votes - Hibino Fumi @ Hayate no Gotoku! series 23th - 37 votes - Hitomi Ezaki @ Saki: Achiga-hen - Episode of Side-A 26th - 36 votes - Kyouno Madoka @ Rinne no Lagrange 27th - 31 votes - Naoe Kanetsugu @ Hyakka Ryouran: Samurai Bride 28th - 29 votes - Aizawa Chizuru @ Shinryaku!? Ika Musume 28th - 29 votes - Kanda Yuuko @ Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo 30th - 27 votes - Aizawa Eiko @ Shinryaku!? Ika Musume 31st - 23 votes - Shiranui Hansode @ Medaka Box Abnormal 31st - 23 votes - Mushibugyou @ Mushibugyouu 33rd - 22 votes - Alicia Testarossa @ Nanoha: The Movie 2nd A's 33rd - 22 votes - Mary Stuart (Scarred) @ Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon II 33rd - 22 votes - Suminoe Riko @ Kiss x sis 36th - 19 votes - Yamabuki Inori @ Precure All Stars New Stage 2 36th - 19 votes - Tachibana Mei @ Sukitte Ii na yo. 36th - 19 votes - Aoi Kimi @ Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon II 39th - 18 votes - C.C. @ Code Geass: Nunnally in Wonderland 39th - 18 votes - Kawanishi Shinobu @ Girls und Panzer ==================
(It has been a while since I actually wrote for the site, but here goes)
Hyouka’s Chitanda makes it two of two in Prelim Group wins, this time in a slightly more convincing fashion. And just like last year’s tournament-opening win, I thought this was also a surprising turn of events, considering she against more-heralded foes in her batch, Oreimo’s Kirino being the consensus favorite to win this one. It remains to be seen if she can convert this group win into something better, but for now it’s all good for Hyouka’s ace.
- Tari Tari did show some promise last year during 2ch’s informal mid-tournament poll, so Wakana experiencing success here is not that farfetched. Still, second place is nothing to scoff at.
- Saki continues to pile up entries in the main draw. Shindouji found a way again, as Himeko is the latest of the “new” Sakis to put up a respectable finish in the prelims, and she’s joined by the “Grandmaster” KokajiP.
- As aforementioned, Kirino not garnering the top spot in the group raises concerns that her “shock” loss to Index a few years ago wasn’t really that shocking. It was expected that the latest series would give Kirino and Kuroneko (and Ayase) a boost but it’s not looking like that so far.
- In the OreShura side of things, the latest Chiwa performance adds another exhibit to the Orange > Silver argument. 2ch agreed, don’t bother them about it.
- Speaking of boosts, good to see that 2ch finally recognized the greatness that is Ayase Chihaya as this time she only takes one try to make it to the tournament proper.
- It appears that Sasami doesn’t need to try harder. A little push is enough to give her a seat in the big leagues.
- More ominous signs for the expected juggernauts of this year’s tournament as Katyusha was even on the brink of Prelim Two-dom before settling for a disappointing 8th place finish…
- …tied with Haruka who finally puts im@s on the scoreboard together with Takane who snuck in at 14th place.
- Marginal improvement for Scarlet Rain – from 13th to 11th this time. Kanon and Oniai’s Anastasia wraps up the qualifiers.
Notable misses include former Main Draw mainstays Vita and T-M’s Rin, the former showing that not even the Nanoha franchise can fully withstand the test of time. Wakaba flopping dampens the hopes of Vividred reaching Strike Witches level of success.
Group Four Preview
Kyoani will be looking to make it two straight Prelim wins. Rikka is the absolute safe bet to win this set, the question ought to be how much will she style. Without aces from other prominent series to match up with her, this is really hers for the taking, and she will look good doing it.
Who will join her is the trickier question, but the immediate names that come to mind include:
- OreGaIru’s Yukino
- Hataraku Maou-sama’s Emi
- Jinrui’s Watashi
- Sakurasou’s Misaki
- Oreimo’s Manami
- Love Live’s Kotori
Have to consider Shiina Minatsu and Tsukuyomi Komoe too based on their series’ past Saimoe successes.
In a relatively weak pool, I can see HS DxD’s Asia get in, along with Magi’s Ren. Seitokai Yakuindomo’s Suzu missed, but Shino might stand a chance here. Since the contest has been kind to imoutos so far, might as well pitch in Kokoro Connect’s Yaegashi Rina. Heck, even Crime Edge’s MC Iwai might even be good enough to make the cut.
The last of the hopefuls include Hyakka Ryouran’s Jubei, KamiNomi’s NotTenri (Diana), OreGaIru’s Yumiko, Natsuiro’s Rinko and Hanairo’s infamous grandma. If Yuyushiki has the faintest of chances, then Chiho might compete. Of course Saki is always relevant so I would also find it unsurprising if they still find a way despite lack of heavy hitters in the group.