No need for haitei.
===============Advance to Main round==============
1st – 263 votes – Amae Koromo @ Saki: Achiga-hen – Episode of Side-A
2nd – 190 votes – Oribe Yasuna @ Kill Me Baby
3rd – 189 votes – Erica Hartmann @ Strike Witches Movie
4th – 177 votes – Oshimizu Nako @ Hanasaku Iroha
5th – 176 votes – Eucliwood Hellscythe (Eu) @ Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? of the Dead
6th – 141 votes – Konoe Subaru @ Mayo Chiki!
7th – 137 votes – Gasai Yuno (2nd) @ Mirai Nikki
8th – 132 votes – Takanashi Sora @ Papa no Iu Koto o Kikinasai!
9th – 131 votes – Ryuuguu Rena @ Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kira
10th – 130 votes – Shimada Minami @ Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni!
11th – 126 votes – Nishizawa Ayumu @ Hayate no Gotoku! Heaven Is a Place on Earth
12th – 124 votes – Nakagawa Kanon @ Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Yonin to Idol
=============Advance to Prelims Round 2============
13th – 122 votes – Aioi Yuuko @ Nichijou
14th – 105 votes – Nazuna @ Hidamari Sketch x SP
15th – 101 votes – Kanoe Yuuko @ Tasogare Otome x Amnesia
16th – 99 votes – Sakamoto Mio @ Strike Witches Movie
17th – 94 votes – Kurashima Chiyuri @ Accel World
18th – 91 votes – Akizuki Ritsuko @ The iDOLM@STER
19th – 90 votes – Iwato Kasumi @ Saki: Achiga-hen – Episode of Side-A
20th – 86 votes – MIX @ Aquarion Evol
21st – 84 votes – Oda Raika @ Papa no Iu Koto o Kikinasai!
22nd – 80 votes – Kamizaki Risa @ Amagami SS+ plus
22nd – 80 votes – Touwa Meme @ Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko Mayonaka no Taiyou
24th – 75 votes – Mikono Suzushiro @ Aquarion Evol
25th – 72 votes – pkpk @ gdgd Fairies
26th – 68 votes – Kanoe Kirie @ Tasogare Otome x Amnesia
27th – 59 votes – Ai Hoshimiya @ Mouretsu Pirates
28th – 55 votes – Sazanka Bianca @ Aquarion Evol
29th – 52 votes – Chris @ Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? of the Dead
30th – 49 votes – Yutaka @ A-Channel + smile
30th – 49 votes – Harune Aira @ Pretty Rhythm series
32nd – 43 votes – Tsukahara Hibiki @ Amagami SS+ plus
33rd – 39 votes – Sakamachi Kureha @ Mayo Chiki!
34th – 36 votes – Giselle Collette Vint @ Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam
35th – 35 votes – Aida Yurume @ Yurumates 3D
36th – 32 votes – Hoshizora Ikuyo @ Smile Pretty Cure!
37th – 31 votes – Shibuya Takami @ Saki: Achiga-hen – Episode of Side-A
38th – 28 votes – Esmeralda @ Mawaru-Penguindrum
39th – 26 votes – Takanashi Kazue @ Working’!!
40th – 23 votes – Hariu Eri @ Saki: Achiga-hen – Episode of Side-A
41st – 22 votes – Kasugano Urara (Cure Lemonade) @ Precure All Stars New Stage: Mirai no Tomodachi
42nd – 21 votes – Takanashi Yomi @ Black★Rock Shooter
This result is confirmed.
- Well, that was a riot. Lesson learned: in case of doubt, lean on the veterans.
- Koromo has this penchant of drawing easy matchups and she proceeds to overwhelm opponents yet again.
- Yasuna at number two – nice desu ne.jpg. Better performance than expected especially after Agiri couldn’t qualify directly.
- Erica barely edged by Yasuna, at virtual second place. As if we need another proof that Strike Witches will be solid this year.
- Nako stepping up for HanaIro. P.A. Works alive and well, etc
- Eu one-ups Haruna. Maybe KoreZon’s not dead after all.
- Mayo Chiki also bounces back as Subaru gets in after Kanade falls short a few groups ago.
- Yuno didn’t finish 2nd, but 7th place is not so bad.
- Sora gets in while Raika doesn’t. of course.
- Rena follows Rika as predicted.
- Minami proves she’s better than Himeji… at least in Saimoe performance this year.
- Hamster sneaks in at 11th place. Seems to be par for the course for non-Nagi Hayate girls so far.
- Finally Kanon completes the cast, barely edging the ever-unfortunate Yuuko of Nichijou.
- Chiyu tanked hard. Expected her to at least get in after Kuroyukihime was almost at the top of her game in Group Three.
- Mio is the first non-main cast Strike Witch that will have to settle for a second try.
Now for the final group before we take a one-day break from the festivities.
- Ako leads this group’s Saki contingent and I think she’s the favorite to win this one. Interested also on how WAHAHA and Kouko (match commentator by VA’d by Nonaka Ai) will perform in this apparently wide-open group.
- Ako’s main challenger will be TOUSHINO KYOUKO. Expect her to be the runner-up.
- After Kokoro and Sherlock barely snuck in the previous groups, it’s doubtful Hercule will get in at one go. But after a look at this group, I’d say she has a decent shot at least.
- Nori is a consideration for qualification, even though Nazuna and Hiro were Prelim One outliers, this group is less powerful than the groups of the previous two.
- I like Miu‘s chances after Sana did alright for Mashiroiro.
- Two Tatsuo Sato shows – Mouretsu and Lagrange have their lead characters on deck today. They should both qualify but I’m interested on who outdoes the other. In any case both Madoka and Marika are awesome.
1.) Ako 2.) Kyouko 3.) Marika 4.) Madoka
5-12.) Miu / Nori / Hercule / Siesta / Nao / WAHAHA / Kouko / Kijima Saki
So uh, this group is all over the place. Ended up filling up the slots with characters that managed to make it directly last year (or 2009 in case of Siesta).
Other considerations: Itsuki @ Precure // Riko @ kiss x sis // Chris @ SYMPHOGEAH
Not much pickings here, really, which should give some chance to other shows that I’ll predictably overlook again. Nevertheless, let’s just say this is the calm before the Group Nine storm.
Lun’s take: 1.) Ako 2.) TOSHINOU KYOUKO 3.) Marika 4.) MARU 5.) Miu