Her time is now.
===============Advance to Main round===============
1st – 333 votes – Onjouji Toki @ Saki: Achiga-hen – Episode of Side-A
2nd – 248 votes – Miyanaga Saki @ Saki: Achiga-hen – Episode of Side-A
3rd – 192 votes – Araragi Karen @ Nisemonogatari
4th – 181 votes – Miyafuji Yoshika @ Strike Witches Movie
4th – 181 votes – Ikeda Kana @ Saki: Achiga-hen – Episode of Side-A
6th – 169 votes – Inui Sana @ Mashiroiro Symphony: The Color of Lovers
7th – 164 votes – Kisaragi Chihaya @ The iDOLM@STER
8th – 157 votes – Sanka Rea @ Sankarea
9th – 148 votes – Tainaka Ritsu @ K-ON!! Movie
10th – 147 votes – Miura Azusa @ The iDOLM@STER
10th – 147 votes – Tachibana Miya @ Amagami SS+ plus
12th – 146 votes – Takanashi Nazuna @ Working’!!
=============Advance to Prelims Round 2============
13th – 132 votes – Shinonono Houki @ IS – Infinite Stratos Encore: Koi ni Kogareru Sextet
14th – 123 votes – Suzutsuki Kanade @ Mayo Chiki!
15th – 112 votes – Himeji Mizuki @ Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni!
16th – 104 votes – Tooyama Saku @ Tantei Opera Milky Holmes series
17th – 86 votes – Matsumoto Rise @ Yuru Yuri
18th – 84 votes – Yuzuriha Inori @ Guilty Crown
18th – 84 votes – Ikeda Chitose @ Yuru Yuri
20th – 81 votes – Phantom Thief Arséne (Henriette Mystere) @ Tantei Opera Milky Holmes series
21st – 77 votes – Goshiki Agiri @ Kill Me Baby
22nd – 63 votes – Kondou Mayuka @ Onii-chan no Koto nanka Zenzen Suki Janain Dakara ne!!
23th – 60 votes – Asama Tomo @ Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon
24th – 57 votes – Hirose Sumire @ Saki: Achiga-hen – Episode of Side-A
25th – 52 votes – Maekawa-san @ Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko Mayonaka no Taiyou
26th – 50 votes – Shiramizu Mairu @ Saki: Achiga-hen – Episode of Side-A
27th – 44 votes – Hoshimiya Yashiro @ Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko Mayonaka no Taiyou
28th – 43 votes – Kudou Aiko @ Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni!
29th – 38 votes – Takamine Mion @ Pretty Rhythm series
30th – 37 votes – Rin Xiao-Mei (Phantom Thief Black Tail) @ Shining Hearts: Shiawase no Pan
31st – 35 votes – Ueshige Suzu @ Saki: Achiga-hen – Episode of Side-A
32nd – 34 votes – Andou Mirai @ Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi
32nd – 34 votes – Tsubaki Youko @ Nazo no Kanojo X
34th – 30 votes – Margot Knight @ Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon
35th – 29 votes – Pandemonium @ Gintama’
36th – 26 votes – Christiane Friedrich @ Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai!
36th – 26 votes – Yorifuji Sumiko @ Saki: Achiga-hen – Episode of Side-A
36th – 26 votes – Natsume Reiko @ Natsume Yuujinchou series
39th – 25 votes – Melancholy @ Phi Brain: Kami no Puzzle 2
39th – 25 votes – Hata Ranko @ Seitokai Yakuindomo
41st – 24 votes – Takatsuki Yoshino @ Hourou Musuko
42nd – 23 votes – Rinon @ Ano Natsu de Matteru
42nd – 23 votes – Ebihara Ai (Ebi) @ Persona 4: The Animation
42nd – 23 votes – Tanaka Keiko @ Amagami SS+ plus
42nd – 23 votes – Aono Miki (Cure Berry) @ Precure All Stars New Stage: Mirai no Tomodachi
This result is confirmed.
Toki was good as advertised, a prelim performance somewhat reminiscent of last year’s magical girl whose powers also involve time manipulation. We all know too well how that story ended up. Let’s see if Toki can avoide the same fate when the stakes get higher.
Other notes and observations:
- NiseMono’s Karen was the perfect foil for an all-Saki top three attempt, and makes a case for herself (and the series in general) as relevant players in the Main Draw. Do note that Toki was still more than one hundred votes ahead of her.
- Yoshika finishing well is another proof Strike Witches is still a solid faction, as they they to build up from last year’s stellar performance.
- Sana was one of my considerations yesterday, but I obviously didn’t expect her to do this well.
- Chihaya and Azusa with decent showings but considering the im@s fanbase I think they could still do a lot better.
- Miya and Nazuna – two imoutos take two more slots for the Main Draw.
- Ritsu takes the first positive for K-On’s attempt to avert last year’s disastrous performance.
- ShinonoNOPE for Houki. Rea gets in, while Inori fails to follow up on Hare’s surprise bid yesterday.
Now let’s take a look at Group Six.
- Shana is the favorite to win this group. News at 11.
- 2009 champion Taiga is back, and provide the Kugyuu army another potent 1-2 punch even though both of these girls are past their primes. Also worth noting: 2007 winner Rika is also in this batch. That’s a lot of main draw wins combined!
- AnoNatsu’s Ichika and Mio should be good to go for the Main Draw like Kanna did.
- Amagami’s Rihoko could get there in this weak pool.
- I’m not sure if Yukimura will advance at this stage after Yozora coughed up a chance to qualify in a moderate group.
- Ibara Mayaka should be a lock following Chitanda’s win in the Prelims opener.
- Things don’t look too good for Rin after Houki’s struggles. But this being a rather easy group she should sneak in.
- This is a good opportunity for RKB’s Maho to get in, which should also have some basis as Airi made the cut before.
- Sankarea’s Meru is also a consideration to join Rea and Ranko in the elimination rounds.
- Count Perinne in based on the other Witches’ Prelim Round showing.
- Other considerations: SYD’s Mutsumi (Judo!) and Kotomi, K-On’s Jun, MashiroIro
1.) Shana 2.) Taiga 3.) Mayaka
4-12.) Ichika / Mio / Maho / Meru / Rin / Perinne / Rihoko / Rika / Yukimura
Lun’s take: 1.) Shana 2.) Mayaka 3.) Taiga 4.) Mio 5.) Maho