Was there any doubt?
===============Advance to Main round===============
1st – 192 votes – Sanzen’in Nagi @ Hayate no Gotoku! Heaven Is a Place on Earth
2nd – 166 votes – Kuroyukihime (Black Lotus) @ Accel World
3rd – 158 votes – Minase Iori @ The iDOLM@STER
4th – 149 votes – Yuno @ Hidamari Sketch x SP
5th – 147 votes – Charlotte Dunois @ IS – Infinite Stratos Encore: Koi ni Kogareru Sextet
6th – 146 votes – Akazawa Izumi @ Another
7th – 142 votes – Aoki Reika (Cure Beauty) @ Smile Pretty Cure!
8th – 140 votes – Kanzaki H Aria @ Hidan no Aria
9th – 139 votes – Kashii Airi @ Ro-Kyu-Bu!
10th – 137 votes – Akechi Kokoro (Kokoro-chan) @ Tantei Opera Milky Holmes series
11th – 136 votes – Sherlock Shellingford (Sheryl) @ Tantei Opera Milky Holmes series
12th – 134 votes – Yoshikawa Chinatsu @ Yuru Yuri
=============Advance to Prelims Round 2============
13th – 133 votes – Mikazuki Yozora @ Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai
14th – 125 votes – Kajiki Yumi @ Saki: Achiga-hen – Episode of Side-A
15th – 115 votes – Hiro @ Hidamari Sketch x SP
16th – 104 votes – Tooru @ A-Channel + smile
17th – 97 votes – Mizukoshi Saki @ Natsuiro Kiseki
18th – 92 votes – Kuga Utao @ Kamisama Dolls
19th – 91 votes – Miyagawa Atsumi @ Recorder to Randoseru series
20th – 89 votes – Uryuu Minene (9th) @ Mirai Nikki
21st – 86 votes – Habara (Archdemon) @ Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou
22nd – 85 votes – Satonaka Chie @ Persona 4: The Animation
23th – 82 votes – Takayama Maria @ Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai
24th – 74 votes – Tamaki Rinko @ Natsuiro Kiseki
25th – 71 votes – Shinomiya Ayase @ Guilty Crown
26th – 66 votes – Seraphim (Sera) @ Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? of the Dead
27th – 59 votes – Pannya @ Mashiroiro Symphony: The Color of Lovers
28th – 57 votes – Tokita Ayumi (Fake Ika Musume @ Shinryaku!? Ika Musume
29th – 51 votes – Wilhelmina Carmel @ Shakugan no Shana III – Final
29th – 51 votes – Asaka Hinata @ Jewelpet Sunshine
31st – 49 votes – Kikaijima Mogana @ Medaka Box
31st – 49 votes – Amamiya Rizumu @ Pretty Rhythm series
33rd – 48 votes – Kotomura Chino @ Inu x Boku SS
34th – 39 votes – Konoe Konoka @ Mahou Sensei Negima! Anime Final
35th – 35 votes – Kaburagi Kaede @ Tiger & Bunny
36th – 33 votes – Toudou Tsumugi @ Hoshizora he Kakaru Hashi OVA
36th – 33 votes – Raika (Rivalun) @ Yuru Yuri
38th – 32 votes – Heidemarie W. Schnaufer @ Strike Witches Movie
38th – 32 votes – Misumi Nagisa (Cure Black) @ Precure All Stars New Stage: Mirai no Tomodachi
40th – 30 votes – Azuki Miho @ Bakuman. 2
41st – 28 votes – Tokikago Yuri @ Mawaru-Penguindrum
42nd – 25 votes – Natola Einus @ Mobile Suit Gundam AGE
This result is confirmed.
Detailed report to follow.
- Sanzen’in Nagi has won her last four prelimary groups. Last time she didn’t win? She got second place in 2007, just a bit behind Hinagiku. I should feel bad for doubting her not to win this group, so yeah, there’s that.
- Kuroyukihime challenged the mighty Hayate ace, but it wasn’t enough. Still a good performance, because this roster is stacked.
- It was a good bet that Iori will easily make it, but after im@s’ Group One flop, I had my doubts as to whether or not Iorin can make the top three. That’s KugiRie mojo for you, and she was even at second place at some point in the match.
- Yuno – always beloved, always consistent.
- Char – True enough, Infinite Stratos has dropped off a bit, but this is still a good run considering the circumstances.
- Azakawa Izumi – Another one flew by my radar. If you thought Mei’s second place finish was a fluke, this one should erase all doubts.
- Cure Beauty Reika at seventh. LuniazKun must be proud. Smile Precure is actually showing signs that it might be the best performing Precure series since 2004, when Misumi Nagisa reached the Quarterfinals.
- Aria is the third KugiRie in the top twelve, and as of group three, Rie-VA’d characters have more representatives in the main draw than Saki Achiga. Go figure.
- Airi at number nine. I knew RKB’s got something going for them. Look for Tomoka to do better than this.
- Kokoro and Sherlock barely made it in. Remember when Kokoro won her group last year? That seems so long ago. Milky Holmes has regressed a great deal.
- Chinatsu finishing at 12th place. Obviously I have overestimated this faction, but I’m stilll banking on Akarin to carry the flag all the wayfor Yuru Yuri after all is said and done.
- Yozora gets unlucky at 13th place, with just one vote. Haganai fans shouldn’t really worry, because Meat and Kobato will get there.
- Yumi at 14th place despite only a brief appearance in the Saki Achiga series.
Group Four Notes:
- This one looks underpowered in comparison to the yesterday’s bloodbath. Here are my notes for today’s match.
- Expect Poplar, Teru and Cecilia to take avantage of this group’s weakness. Yayoi could be a wildcard.
- Mahiru held her ground in the season opener, and Poplar‘s more uh, popular than her, so she should be in the running for the top three here. Yachiyo would be there to give her an assist.
- Poplar’s main competition will be Miyanaga Teru. Those who have been following Saimoe in 2009 should remember her winning a match in the main draw even though she had less than five minutes of screentime. She’s definitely capable of winning more matches now with more exposure, and she might even end up taking down this preliminary group. Unless of course, she decides to just scout her possible main draw opponents…
- Speaking of 2009, Toradora’s Ami makes a return appearance. Well, I don’t expect anything from the Toradora’s characters this time around, but I’m pretty sure most of us are curious as to how they’ll perform now. The same applies to Zero no Tsukaima, although the series is “only” fielding Henrietta.
- Cecilia is in prime position to contend for at least the number three spot, considering that this pool looks pretty weak. Laura will be there to back her up.
- Hayate no Gotoku finally showed up in yesterday’s match. Sakuya has a good chance of advancing here.
- Amagami’s Kaoru and Tsukasa should also be able to get in directly, especially the latter. Same with Strike Witches’ Minna.
- As for newcomers, AnoNatsu’s Kanna has a great chance, while I’m doubtful about Sankarea’s Ranko. Smile Precure’s inspired performance in the previous groups has me believing that Yayoi, the most popular of the five Cures, will do well here. I’m also gonna gamble with her taking the top three.
- Saki’s FunaQ and Hiroko are also in this batch. Saki Achiga characters are always in consideration.
1.) Teru 2.) Poplar 3.) Yayoi 4.) Cecilia
5-11.) Kanna / Tsukasa / Ami / Laura / Kaoru / Sakuya / Yachiyo
FunaQ / Hiroko / Henrietta / Ranko to battle for the last spot.
Lun’s take: 1.) Poplar 2.) Teru 3.) Yayoi 4.) Cecilia 5.) Kanna