To Aru Kagaku no Railgun’s Saten Ruiko was exceptional in her Saimoe debut as she topped Group Ten of the Preliminary Round of the Anime Saimoe Tournament 2010. This was Railgun’s second prelim group win, following Misaka Mikoto’s demolition of Group Two.The runner-up for Group Ten was Takei Hisa of Saki, with Working!!’s Takanashi Nazuna placing third. At fourth was Hanato Kobato, while completing the top five was Angel Beats!’s Shiina.
The rest of the qualifiers, in order, were Saki’s Kajiki Yumi and Someya Mako, Suminoe Ako of Kiss x sis, Alicia Melchiott of Senjou no Valkyria, Eve Neuschwanstein of NEEDLESS, Mikogami Riko of Anyamal Tantei Kiruminzoo, and lastly, Mahou Sensei Negima!’s Sakurazaki Setsuna.
Go here for complete results.
Saten did not make it close even though Hisa was leading early on. Railgun has great mojo going for it, and it appears that Saki is fading for a bit. Maybe they can turn it around come the elimination rounds, but I’m skeptical. Although it’s worth noting that these are not the strongest of what Saki has to offer. Kobato did better than expected. The rest went according to plan except for the NEEDLESS and Kiruminzoo curveballs. For picks, 8-2-0, nothing to see here, except having to support Haruka and Nami again…
Group Eleven Preview
Now for the more interesting part. I wonder how rookies Uiharu and Mayoi can match up against Saki and Yuki. The other question is how triumphant Yuki’s return will be since crashing out in one of the most famous matches in Saimoe history back in 2006. Can she do a Nanoha? That remains to be seen. Rena is also here, and she has some stuff to take home, but her glory days back when she took Kagami home have long gone. Koume will likely make it. Giving Ange a vote of confidence here, but I have my doubts. At the very least she’ll make it… I think. Amu did well last year, but I doubt that will repeat in this tournament. Filled the rest of the prediction with Saimoe veterans. I’m worried with Tamaki, but TYM can do decent I think. In the end, I went with this:
- Nagato Yuki
- Miyanaga Saki
- Uiharu Kazari
- Hachikuji Mayoi
- Rena Ryuugu
- Hinamori Amu
- Ishigaki Tamaki
- Ushiromiya Ange
- Lala Satalin Deviluke
- Konoe Konoka
As for picks, this was pretty tough, but I’m opting for:
- Amu – cool and spicy is the way to go, and at one point she was very high in my moe list.
- Tamaki – Kawazoe she is not, but Hirohashi Ryou, and that attitude makes me put her in my ballot
- Uiharu – now that Saten’s there, she needs to make it too!
- Koume – the underrated Hanamaru girl, she still has my support nonetheless.
- Yoshinoya-sensei – teachers should be more like her.
- Konoka – Nonaka Ai. Secchan. Healing magic. Fuck yeah.
- Sakazaki Kaho – one of the more interesting characters in Yoku Wakaru Gendai Mahou
- Satsukitane Mikako – trollsome. Ayahime. My favorite SnO chara
- Tomokane – Miyukichi vote. Lively character.
- Murasame Sumika – just too awesome ❤
This is pretty much a prelude to the biggest showdown for the preliminaries. Still, I wonder how this group will pan out. Again, can’t wait for Group Twelve!